Sunday 26 January 2020
6.30pm (doors); 7.30pm (start)
Films, Screenings and Talks
What a year! I mean, really, what happened? Why? How? And what didn’t happen, that should have?
SLAMinutes is back with a BUMPER edition in the New Year: a compilation of all the hits and the s**ts of 2019! Here are some of the ‘greatest’ (in no particular order):
1. Gang Crime - Knife Crime has reached a record high.
2. Jeremy Kyle axed but Love Island survives.
3. Toodles to Theresa May, oh hi Boris.Wait, nevermind, General Election.
4. The Climate Crisis
5. General Election.
6. Two Words: R Kelly (!?!)
8. Brexit - Never Gonna Give EU Up
9. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have a baby.
10. Revolution in Hong Kong(?)
And so, so much more: that little dragon on the John Lewis advert has melted our hearts while the sun melts the earth. Opposing communities have come together in support and giant spotlights have been shone on social injustices. In some ways we lost Rebecca Vardy, but in others we found our voices. And do not even get us started on the General Election.
There will be 30 Performers: playwrights, spoken word artists, comedians, drag artists, singer-songwriters and everything in between, with ONE MINUTE each of their voice, their perspective of 2019.